Arranged by Velvel Pasternak. Tara Books. Jewish. Softcover with CD. 194 pages. Published by Tara Publications (HL.333138).
- Artist: Velvel Pasternak
- Instruments: Melody/Lyrics/Chords
- Format: Softcover with CD
- Genre: Jewish
- Lead Time: 3 to 5 business days
- Publisher: Tara Publications
If you’re looking for sheet music for The Jewish Heritage Songbook then you have come to the right place. We offer original sheet music in a range of formats including, digital, hardcover, and softcover. Whether you place the piano, guitar, wind instruments, string instruments, percussion, or something else, we have the musical scores you’re looking for.
We’ve done all the hard work for and pulled together the most comprehensive list of cheap sheet music suppliers together into one place, so know you’re getting a great deal.
You might be asking yourself these questions:
- Is it worth buying sheet music for The Jewish Heritage Songbook?
- Why buy The Jewish Heritage Songbook sheet music from you?
- How do I know the sheet music for The Jewish Heritage Songbook is legitimate?
- Where can I find more information on The Jewish Heritage Songbook sheet music?
We know you probably have far more questions than the ones I’ve listed above, which is why you need to buy from a legitimate source. If you need more information, then check out The Jewish Heritage Songbook sheet music buying guide. Doing proper research is key to a great buying experience.
Can you get The Jewish Heritage Songbook Sheet Music For Free?
Rarely from legitimate sources. We guarantee all of our sheet music is perfectly legal and won’t get you into trouble.
- Brand Value: Every piece of sheet music is vetted and supplied from genuine sources.
- Completeness: We offer everything you need when looking for a score of music.
- Product Value: We find and offer the very best prices.
- Customer Ratings: Our customers love our service and keep coming back for more.
- Customer Reviews: We carefully monitor customer reviews to ensure a high level of service.
- Quality: All of our products are high quality and genuine.
- Reliability: Our offerings are reliable and durable.
Velvel Pasternak (October 1, 1933 – June 11, 2019) was a musicologist, conductor, arranger, producer, and publisher specializing in Jewish music. In 1981, the New York Times described him as “an expert on the music of the Hasidic sect and probably the largest publisher of Jewish music anywhere, although he was quick to note that publishing Jewish music is a business that attracts few rivals.”
== Biography ==
Velvel Pasternak was born in Toronto in 1933 to immigrant parents from Poland. He received an Orthodox Jewish education and was a graduate of Yeshiva University High School for Boys (class of 1951) and of Yeshiva University (class of 1955). He also studied at the Juilliard School, and received a master’s in music education from Teachers College, Columbia University.The founder of Tara Publications, he was responsible for the publication of 26 recordings and over 150 books of Jewish music since 1971, spanning the gamut of Israeli, Yiddish, Ladino, cantorial, Hasidic and Holocaust music. He was a regular lecturer on the music of the Hassidim. He died on June 11, 2019, in New York City.
== Published works ==
Songs of the Chassidim (1970, ISBN 9780000000934)
Songs of the Chassidim II (1971, ISBN 9780819702760)
The Best of Israeli Folk Dances (1997, ISBN 978-0-933676-20-6) (previous edition 1990)
The Jewish Fake Book (1997, ISBN 978-0-933676-69-5)
Z’Mirot and Kumzitz Songbook (1997, ISBN 9780933676633)
Beyond Hava Nagila (1999, ISBN 978-0-933676-78-7)
The Jewish Music Companion (2003, ISBN 978-1-928918-24-0)
Songs Never Silenced–The Folk Music And Poetry of the Shoah (2003, ISBN 978-1-928918-26-4) (with Shmerke Kaczerginsky)
The Best of Hasidic Song: Selections from 7 Acclaimed Music Books (2012, ISBN 9781928918868)
The Big Jewish Songbook (2014, ISBN 9781495012013)
Shlomo Carlebach Anthology: Compiled, Edited and Arranged by Velvel Pasternak (2016, ISBN 9780933676336)
Behind the Music, Stories, Anecdotes, Articles and Reflections (2017, ISBN 9781928918523)
== See also ==
== References ==
== External links ==
Netsky, Hankus (August 15, 2011).