As performed by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole. Composed by E.Y. “Yip” Harburg and Harold Arlen. Arranged by Andy Beck. Performance Music Ensemble; Single Titles. Alfred Pop Choral Series. Movie; Secular. Choral Octavo. 20 pages. Alfred Music #00-35626. Published by Alfred Music (AP.35626).
- Artist: E.Y. “Yip” Harburg
- Format: Choral Octavo
- Genre: Movie; Secular
- Lead Time: 4 to 6 business days
- Publisher: Alfred Music
If you’re looking for sheet music for Over the Rainbow then you have come to the right place. We offer original sheet music in a range of formats including, digital, hardcover, and softcover. Whether you place the piano, guitar, wind instruments, string instruments, percussion, or something else, we have the musical scores you’re looking for.
We’ve done all the hard work for and pulled together the most comprehensive list of cheap sheet music suppliers together into one place, so know you’re getting a great deal.
You might be asking yourself these questions:
- Is it worth buying sheet music for Over the Rainbow?
- Why buy Over the Rainbow sheet music from you?
- How do I know the sheet music for Over the Rainbow is legitimate?
- Where can I find more information on Over the Rainbow sheet music?
We know you probably have far more questions than the ones I’ve listed above, which is why you need to buy from a legitimate source. If you need more information, then check out Over the Rainbow sheet music buying guide. Doing proper research is key to a great buying experience.
Can you get Over the Rainbow Sheet Music For Free?
Rarely from legitimate sources. We guarantee all of our sheet music is perfectly legal and won’t get you into trouble.
- Brand Value: Every piece of sheet music is vetted and supplied from genuine sources.
- Completeness: We offer everything you need when looking for a score of music.
- Product Value: We find and offer the very best prices.
- Customer Ratings: Our customers love our service and keep coming back for more.
- Customer Reviews: We carefully monitor customer reviews to ensure a high level of service.
- Quality: All of our products are high quality and genuine.
- Reliability: Our offerings are reliable and durable.
Edgar Yipsel Harburg (born Isidore Hochberg; April 8, 1896 – March 5, 1981) was an American popular song lyricist and librettist who worked with many well-known composers. He wrote the lyrics to the standards “Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?” (with Jay Gorney), “April in Paris”, and “It’s Only a Paper Moon”, as well as all of the songs for the film The Wizard of Oz, including “Over the Rainbow”. He was known for the social commentary of his lyrics, as well as his liberal sensibilities. He championed racial and gender equality and union politics. He also was an ardent critic of religion.
== Early life and career ==
Harburg, the youngest of four surviving children (out of ten), was born Isidore Hochberg on the Lower East Side of New York City on April 8, 1896. His parents, Lewis Hochberg and Mary Ricing, were Yiddish-speaking Orthodox Jews who had emigrated from Russia.He later adopted the name Edgar Harburg, and came to be best known as Edgar “Yip” Harburg.