Discovery Level 3. Composed by George Shearing. Arranged by Roger Emerson. Discovery Choral. Jazz, Standards, Swing, Vocal Jazz, Young Choir, Youth Choir. CD only. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.114985).
- Artist: George Shearing
- Instruments: Choral
- Format: CD only
- Genre: Jazz, Standards, Swing, Vocal Jazz, Young Choir, Youth Choir
- Lead Time: 3 to 5 business days
- Publisher: Hal Leonard
If you’re looking for sheet music for Lullaby Of Birdland then you have come to the right place. We offer original sheet music in a range of formats including, digital, hardcover, and softcover. Whether you place the piano, guitar, wind instruments, string instruments, percussion, or something else, we have the musical scores you’re looking for.
We’ve done all the hard work for and pulled together the most comprehensive list of cheap sheet music suppliers together into one place, so know you’re getting a great deal.
You might be asking yourself these questions:
- Is it worth buying sheet music for Lullaby Of Birdland?
- Why buy Lullaby Of Birdland sheet music from you?
- How do I know the sheet music for Lullaby Of Birdland is legitimate?
- Where can I find more information on Lullaby Of Birdland sheet music?
We know you probably have far more questions than the ones I’ve listed above, which is why you need to buy from a legitimate source. If you need more information, then check out Lullaby Of Birdland sheet music buying guide. Doing proper research is key to a great buying experience.
Can you get Lullaby Of Birdland Sheet Music For Free?
Rarely from legitimate sources. We guarantee all of our sheet music is perfectly legal and won’t get you into trouble.
- Brand Value: Every piece of sheet music is vetted and supplied from genuine sources.
- Completeness: We offer everything you need when looking for a score of music.
- Product Value: We find and offer the very best prices.
- Customer Ratings: Our customers love our service and keep coming back for more.
- Customer Reviews: We carefully monitor customer reviews to ensure a high level of service.
- Quality: All of our products are high quality and genuine.
- Reliability: Our offerings are reliable and durable.
Sir George Albert Shearing, (13 August 1919 – 14 February 2011) was a British jazz pianist who for many years led a popular jazz group that recorded for Discovery Records, MGM Records and Capitol Records. Shearing was the composer of over 300 titles, including the jazz standards “Lullaby of Birdland” and “Conception”, and had multiple albums on the Billboard charts during the 1950s, 1960s, 1980s and 1990s. He died of heart failure in New York City, at the age of 91.
== Biography ==
=== Early life ===
Born in Battersea, London, Shearing was the youngest of nine children. He was born blind to working-class parents: his father delivered coal and his mother cleaned trains in the evening. He started to learn piano at the age of three and began formal training at Linden Lodge School for the Blind, where he spent four years.Though he was offered several scholarships, Shearing opted to perform at a local pub, the Mason’s Arms in Lambeth, for “25 bob a week” playing piano and accordion. He joined an all-blind band, Claude Bampton’s Blind Orchestra, during that time, and was influenced by the records of Teddy Wilson and Fats Waller.