Guitar Solo. Composed by Sylvius Leopold Weiss (1686-1750). Edited by E Flower. Guitar Collection. Classical. G. Schirmer #AMP7807. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.50227180).
- Artist: Sylvius Leopold Weiss
- Instruments: Guitar, Lute
- Format: N
- Genre: Classical
- Lead Time: 3 to 5 business days
- Publisher: G. Schirmer
If you’re looking for sheet music for 5 Lute Pieces then you have come to the right place. We offer original sheet music in a range of formats including, digital, hardcover, and softcover. Whether you place the piano, guitar, wind instruments, string instruments, percussion, or something else, we have the musical scores you’re looking for.
We’ve done all the hard work for and pulled together the most comprehensive list of cheap sheet music suppliers together into one place, so know you’re getting a great deal.
You might be asking yourself these questions:
- Is it worth buying sheet music for 5 Lute Pieces?
- Why buy 5 Lute Pieces sheet music from you?
- How do I know the sheet music for 5 Lute Pieces is legitimate?
- Where can I find more information on 5 Lute Pieces sheet music?
We know you probably have far more questions than the ones I’ve listed above, which is why you need to buy from a legitimate source. If you need more information, then check out 5 Lute Pieces sheet music buying guide. Doing proper research is key to a great buying experience.
Can you get 5 Lute Pieces Sheet Music For Free?
Rarely from legitimate sources. We guarantee all of our sheet music is perfectly legal and won’t get you into trouble.
- Brand Value: Every piece of sheet music is vetted and supplied from genuine sources.
- Completeness: We offer everything you need when looking for a score of music.
- Product Value: We find and offer the very best prices.
- Customer Ratings: Our customers love our service and keep coming back for more.
- Customer Reviews: We carefully monitor customer reviews to ensure a high level of service.
- Quality: All of our products are high quality and genuine.
- Reliability: Our offerings are reliable and durable.
Sylvius Leopold Weiss (12 October 1687 – 16 October 1750) was a German composer and lutenist.
Born in Grottkau near Breslau, the son of Johann Jacob Weiss, also a lutenist, he served at courts in Breslau, Rome, and Dresden, where he died. Until recently, he was thought to have been born in 1686, but recent evidence suggests that he was in fact born the following year.Weiss was one of the most important and most prolific composers of lute music in history and one of the best-known and most technically accomplished lutenists of his day. He was a teacher to Philip Hyacinth, 4th Prince Lobkowicz, and the prince’s second wife Anna Wilhelmina Althan.
In later life, Weiss became a friend of Wilhelm Friedemann Bach and met J.S. Bach through him. Bach and Weiss were said to have competed in improvisation, as the following account by Johann Friedrich Reichardt describes:
“Anyone who knows how difficult it is to play harmonic modulations and good counterpoint on the lute will be surprised and full of disbelief to hear from eyewitnesses that Weiss, the great lutenist, challenged J.S. Bach, the great harpsichordist and organist, at playing fantasies and fugues.”
Sylvius Weiss’s son Johann Adolph Faustinus Weiss succeeded him as a Saxon court lutenist.
== Works ==
Weiss probably wrote more than 1000 pieces for lute, from which about 850 attributed pieces survived, most of them grouped into ‘sonatas’ (not to be confused with the later classical sonata, based on sonata form) or suites, which consist mostly of baroque dance pieces.