Voice and Piano. Composed by Stefano Donaudy. Vocal Collection. Classical, Collection, Italian. 52 pages. Ricordi #R118842. Published by Ricordi (HL.50018960).
- Artist: Stefano Donaudy
- Instruments: Piano, Vocal
- Format: N
- Genre: Classical, Collection, Italian
- Lead Time: 3 to 5 business days
- Publisher: Ricordi
If you’re looking for sheet music for 36 Arie nello stile antico – Volume 3 (12 Arias) then you have come to the right place. We offer original sheet music in a range of formats including, digital, hardcover, and softcover. Whether you place the piano, guitar, wind instruments, string instruments, percussion, or something else, we have the musical scores you’re looking for.
We’ve done all the hard work for and pulled together the most comprehensive list of cheap sheet music suppliers together into one place, so know you’re getting a great deal.
You might be asking yourself these questions:
- Is it worth buying sheet music for 36 Arie nello stile antico – Volume 3 (12 Arias)?
- Why buy 36 Arie nello stile antico – Volume 3 (12 Arias) sheet music from you?
- How do I know the sheet music for 36 Arie nello stile antico – Volume 3 (12 Arias) is legitimate?
- Where can I find more information on 36 Arie nello stile antico – Volume 3 (12 Arias) sheet music?
We know you probably have far more questions than the ones I’ve listed above, which is why you need to buy from a legitimate source. If you need more information, then check out 36 Arie nello stile antico – Volume 3 (12 Arias) sheet music buying guide. Doing proper research is key to a great buying experience.
Can you get 36 Arie nello stile antico – Volume 3 (12 Arias) Sheet Music For Free?
Rarely from legitimate sources. We guarantee all of our sheet music is perfectly legal and won’t get you into trouble.
- Brand Value: Every piece of sheet music is vetted and supplied from genuine sources.
- Completeness: We offer everything you need when looking for a score of music.
- Product Value: We find and offer the very best prices.
- Customer Ratings: Our customers love our service and keep coming back for more.
- Customer Reviews: We carefully monitor customer reviews to ensure a high level of service.
- Quality: All of our products are high quality and genuine.
- Reliability: Our offerings are reliable and durable.
This page is taken word-for-word from the first page of Ricordi’s 36 Arie di stile antico (36 Airs dans le style ancien; 36 Arias in Ancient Style)
Stefano Donaudy (February 21, 1879 in Palermo – May 30, 1925 in Naples), son of a French father and an Italian mother, was a minor Italian composer active in the 1890s and early 20th century, at a time when Palermo, his native city, was enjoying a period of relative splendour under the influx of rich Anglo-Sicilian families such as the Florios and the Whitakers. No biographical or musicological studies have so far been devoted to him, but it seems that Donaudy was very precocious, as a variety of sources date both his first opera Folchetto and one of his most popular songs, Vaghissima sembianza, to 1892, when he was only thirteen.
After studies with the director of Palermo’s Conservatoire, Guglielmo Zuelli (a rival of Giacomo Puccini in his early years), it seems that Donaudy made a living as singing teacher, coach and accompanist for some of Sicily’s wealthiest families, all while actively pursuing a career as a composer. He wrote mostly vocal music, dividing his efforts between opera and song, though he did also write chamber and orchestral music. Practically all his song texts and libretti were supplied by or written at four-hands with his brother, Alberto Donaudy (1880–1941), a poet whose style reflects the prevailing literary tastes of the period, from Arrigo Boito and Gabriele D’Annunzio to Guido Gozzano.
Today, Donaudy’s fame rests exclusively on his collection 36 Arie di Stile Antico, first published by Casa Ricordi in 1918 with revisions in 1922, but using material composed from 1892 onwards. It’s still currently in print.